Skip to main content

Submissive, present yourself well

Good day friends,
I thought that today I would blog briefly because this space has been so sorely neglected! Not much has changed in my world, the earth keeps spinning and I keep loving leather! I feel like I say so much on Twitter these days that maybe there is not much I can say on this space. But 140 characters only allows you to say a lot with so little, therefore you have to be savvy with your words. I think over the last few years, I am beginning to approach that level of savvy required for a tweeter to be effective but I have so much farther to go!

Since I last blogged, my social media has expanded, contracted, expanded and contracted again. I think the last last downsize my be temporary for a while. I need a new phone and I am trying to figure out how that may happen. But Twitter is still @buspimp (main account) and @thepervertpope (back-up). My tumblr is still up, not as active on it but you can check out all that i'm perving over. 'm also on Instagram as Buspimp. Fetlife is still the same, feel free to add me there as well as my other social media. It would be nice to interact with those who are reading my blog for the first time as well as reconnect with old friends. Social media is a double edged sword, as it shows us the best we can be as it can show us when we are not at our best. But the part that is the most fun is reaching out the others who are likeminded, those who are genuinely interested in BDSM and those who are BDSM and kink-friendly. I have a great combination of followers on Twitter and I am so thankful for all of you. You have given me a voice and I thank you so much!

In my interactions with dominants and subs, I see so much that is good in BDSM. So many of you are very happy in your role whatever that may be. But where there is good, there is of course there is not so good (I hate using bad here) and I think I spend about 50% of my time trying to tweet out what could be better as many subs attempt to find their way on their journey. When you aren't knowledgeable about something and you make a decent attempt, you will make mistakes. Even those of us like myself who understand protocol and respect, I still make a mistake from time to time. But, if the error is small and unintentional, the correction will be slight and it will help you along the way. But what I am seeing more of is folks being flagrant, demanding and irresponsible and the response to that is outright rejection. When this happens, there are hurt feelings, anger and lashing out which leads to more rejection.

Being new to submission is a great feeling. It can be liberating but the good feeling can overtake you, cloud your judgement and allow one to make mistakes. The former scenario I mentioned is when one is guided by their true submissive feelings, they recognize that approaching a dominant is about protocol and respect and they do the right thing with a few small errors that are easily corrected. The latter is when one thinks with their sexual feelings, their kinks, fetishes and want to get off, thus they approach a dominant with disrespect. I always say on twitter that you "have to do your homework" when it comes to finding a dominant that matches well with you. The match initially about interests, the level of submission you desire and most importantly what you bring to the dominant that will best serve their needs. Twenty years ago, the disrespect would still not be tolerated, but learning about protocol and what a dominant desires from a submissive was not as easy. Today, it's as easy as a few keystrokes on dem innanets and then taking the time to READ the information. Just because you visited the site doesn't mean you have a right to ask questions about things that have been clearly stated on the dominant's website.

So take the time to investigate your feelings, research dominants carefully, read the information and know what they expect and require of you and then with respect approach via email or social media if that is ok. Sometimes it's best to take your time as you do these things to allow the submissive feelings to speak for you as opposed to the kink and fetish that you want to explore. In your approach, if you keep your message short and direct (direct in the sense of making a respectful inquiry), you may avoid saying something that can be misconstrued as disrespect or ignorance. Write a message that your submissive voice can be heard and that dominant can feel your desire for service in your words. This is only the first few steps in a journey and one doesn't want to stumble, fall and hurt their chances of living out their best submissive life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still here after 10 years

Hello everyone, it has been a VERY long time since I posted here. It's strange, I feel like NO ONE blogs anymore in the podcast age. But maybe this can still be a great way to get my thoughts out, reflect on where I am in 2024 as a leather loving, BDSM practicing fetishist and where I want to go. I was thinking about doing a podcast but I need more time to think about it, it may happen or it may not. To be quite honest, I am surprised I am still on this journey considering where I have been and the highs lows I have experienced. It's the lows that I reflect on a lot and that gets me to thinking about when this journey of exploration may end. But for now, I am grateful for the path I am on.  As I look at my last entry, I last wrote 10 years ago. We have been on a collective ride since that time. I've been serving a beautifully cruel and seductive Mistress . Mistress Fontaine means so much to me, She has molded me and has solidified my devotion as Her leather slut toy. Her fi

Feeling a bit nostalgic

It has certainly been a long time since I last laid out some words on this blog. Life can sure just make things difficult in so many ways that it doesn't allow one time to just write. In the past, I had a very vibrant blog that in hindsight I should have kept up and going. But life happened and I deleted it without keeping the entries in another form. This blog was a way to resurrect that and to keep a running journal on my thoughts in kink and fetish. Something prompted me to go looking for some old photos of when I crossdressed. In my last post  I talked about what got me curious about wearing women's clothes and my first experiments. As I got older and was able to dress in a space of my own I did for about 4 years. There was something very freeing about it and it did give me some new perspectives on what women go through to look nice for us dudes as well as how it made me feel in regards to my likes as a kinky person. I was excited to find what I did, although there were way

Early Fetish Memories

I saw this pic on Facebook the other day. I laughed but then all of my neurons fired and memories were jogged from days past. As a teenager, I wasn't really aware of how deep the fetish that I had for leather was. In junior high, I loved seeing girls in leather bomber jackets but the first time I saw a leather skirt, I was going nuts inside. I don't think my young mind knew how to handle it. (In some ways, I don't think my now 40 something mind can still handle it but anyway) What I didn't know was that I wanted to know what wearing leather felt like, but I didn't have anything that I could wear. So I found cleaner garment bags, you know the long clear plastic bags and I cut holes in for my head and arms and I put it on. It was kind of weird but a bit restricting. Overall, it did the trick for a short moment. I needed something much more restrictive and after looking, I found bags similar to what you see in the photo that I could manipulate just carefully enough t